Homemade glucose-free sugar paste: how to make homemade sugar paste without glucose and without gelatin or isinglass.
Theresugar pasteit is essential for those who wantdecorate cakes, muffins and cookies. It is simple to prepare at home and the classic recipe involves the use of glucose and isinglass. For the classic recipe, please refer to the pageHomemade sugar paste, in this article we will see how to prepare thesugar paste without glucose and without gelatin(gelatine).
Sugar paste without glucose
The recipe of thehomemade sugar paste without glucoseit is more practical and hasty. This recipe does nothing but propose two substitutions. On the one hand, glucose is replaced with honey and on the other, gelatin (isinglass) is replaced with egg white. Although the recipe is faster, the sugar paste without isinglass and without glucose is more difficult to work in the early stages of preparation, the finished product, however, is softer and more malleable.
Glucose is sweeter than honey, so sugar paste with honey is less cloying, and those who prefer a less sweet taste can use chestnut or acacia honey. Those who want a flavored sugar paste can use orange honey while those looking for sweetness can aim for wildflower honey.
What you need to prepare a loaf of sugar paste without glucose and without gelatine?
- 400 grams of powdered sugar
- 60 grams of honey
- 1 large egg white at room temperature
How to precede:
- Pour all the ingredients into a large bowl and knead for at least 20 minutes, until all the ingredients have dissolved and amalgamated. Anyone who has a planetary mixer, a mixer or a Thermomix-type food processor can pour all the ingredients and start the device at medium intensity.
- When the dough is ready, sprinkle the work surface with a little icing sugar and continue working thesugar pasteby hand. At this stage it is important to have cool hands: the sugar paste is very delicate and warm or warm hands would melt the dough!
- Once ready, you can use thesugar paste without gelatinimmediately or store it wrapped in cling film. Unlike the sugar pastewith glucose and gelatin that should be kept in the fridge only in summer, thesugar paste without isinglassit cannot be kept in a cupboard: the presence of egg white makes the sugar paste without gelatin more perishable, it is recommended to always keep it in the fridge.
When you use thesugar paste without glucose, to obtain a better yield, roll it out into thin sheets. I personally don't like the taste of itsugar paste because I find it excessively sweet and cloying, you can limit its use to decorations in figures / figurines while for the lining and lining you can try the classic glazes.
How to decorate with sugar paste
The sugar paste can be modeled by hand but those who are not an authentic artist can take advantage of the practicality ofstamps and molds. In pastry shops it is easy to find kits for sugar art and for decorations with sugar paste, there is also a strong offer in online stores.
Among the various products on the market we point out a set consisting of 54 pieces proposed on Amazon at the promotional price of 20.99 euros and free shipping. For all information on the set of molds, decorations and pastry tools, please refer to the official Amazon page:Anokay pastry set of 54 pieces.