We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
DIY Christmas decorations: what you need and instructions for creating simple and effective Christmas decorations. 3 original ideas that are also suitable for children.
Christmas is almost upon us, temperatures are dropping and a different atmosphere is already beginning to breathe around. One of the most beautiful characteristics of Christmas is the atmosphere, in fact during this period the streets and houses are tinged with a thousand lights and colors, decorations and ornaments that make even the gloomy city look like Santa's country! During this period, a very nice idea would be to prepare, perhaps with the help of the children, some DIY Christmas decorations, in order to make this year's decorations even more special and personalized!
DIY Christmas Decorations: Poinsettia
The Christmas star is certainly one of the most popular symbols of this beautiful time of the year. Have you ever thought about making one at home? Maybe to hang like a garland? Let's find out how to build it with material that is readily available in every home.
DIY Christmas Star: Needed
- Rolls of toilet paper
- Vinyl glue
- Purple red and green
- A plastic plate
How to make a DIY poinsettia
- Squeeze the toilet paper rolls on the sides and cut strips of about 2 cm.
- Glue each strip with vinyl glue as if you would like to make a flower.
- Depending on the size of the star to be made, add more or less petals.
- Once the flower is finished, add a few more strips that will become the green part or the leaves.
- With the help of a brush, pass a layer of glue on the part that will become a flower (only on that part).
- Pour the red glitter into a paper plate and dip the paper structure into it. Thanks to the glue, the glitter will only stick to the flower.
- Once dry, you can repeat the operation for the leaves.
- The homemade poinsettia is ready to decorate any room! Remember to add some string or a hook if the intention is to hang the creation.
DIY Christmas Decorations: Christmas Branches
With the same technique used to make the DIY poinsettia it is possible to decorate normal branches turning them into fantastic Christmas branches, rustic but of great effect. All you have to do is get a dry branch, rolls of toilet paper and tempera or purplish colors and that's it!
The technique is just the same as the homemade poinsettia, only at the first flower you won't have to attack others, it will be enough. There will be string on every flower…. Obviously, if you have difficulty finding a suitable tree branch, you can hang your flowers on shelves, doors, windows ... hang them wherever you feel like you are in Santa Claus' village!
DIY Christmas Decorations: Christmas baubles
Creating Christmas balls at home is really satisfying! The preparation is not difficult and even in this case the necessary materials are really in common use.
Christmas balls do-it-yourself: required
- Small round balloons
- Raw twine or ball of colored wool
- Vinyl glue
- A brush
- Water q.s.
How to make DIY Christmas baubles
- First inflate the balloon making it assume the desired size.
- Prepare the solution by mixing 1 part of glue and two parts of water.
- Dip the twine (or wool) into the sticky solution.
- Tie the well-wet thread to the end of the balloon by making a simple knot.
- Wrap the whole balloon randomly, taking care to tie the last item at the end of the balloon.
- Place the balloon on a glass and let it dry overnight.
- The next morning, check the effective solidity of the wool and with the help of the back of a pencil or brush, gently press the rubber so that the balloon detaches from the thread.
- Pierce the balloon with scissors.
- Now the DIY Christmas bauble is ready, just attach some string so that it can be hung!
Tips: if you do not have colored wool you can also use some string and decorate the ball with tempera (only after having made the balloon burst).
You might also be interested in
- Christmas wreaths
- Hot glue
- Befana socks do it yourself